More food outlets looking to reduce waste during festive season [News]
By Olivia Siong, Channel NewsAsia, 27 Dec 2015
During the festive season, food waste is expected to go up by about 10 to 20 per cent, according to the non-governmental organisation Zero Waste. Some organisations have been looking tackle the problem.
The increased waste comes from preparing more food during the festive season.
“I think if you organise a party during the festive season you might cook too much or order too much food,” explained Mr Eugene Tay, executive director of Zero Waste. “For F&B companies during the festive season, they might anticipate more crowd or customers, so they might prepare or cook more food.”
Click here to read the full article
Source: Channel NewsAsia
More Recipes and Blog Posts
- Reducing food waste: Getting Singaporeans to embrace ‘ugly food’ [News]
- Organisations look to reduce food waste with centralised recycling system [News]
- NEA calls for tender for collecting, transporting food waste [News]
- Composting slowly taking root in Singapore [News]
- Singapore needs to rethink food wastage: Masagos [News]