3 things you can do today on food waste
Singapore generated almost 800 million kg of food waste in 2013, and only 13% of it was recycled. We can all play a part in understanding the issues and reducing food waste. Here’s 3 things you can do today:
1) Watch this video by Channel NewsAsia Connect to understand the food waste problem in Singapore.
2) Check out the Save Food Cut Waste tips to find out how individuals and households can play a part in reducing food waste in our daily lives and at home.
3) We are working with NUS students from the Chua Thian Poh Community Leadership Programme to conduct a survey to understand consumer’s attitudes towards food waste in the food and beverage (F&B) sector in Singapore. We hope to show the survey results to the F&B companies in order to nudge them to reduce food waste.
Pls help to participate in this short survey at http://bit.ly/16PURlm. Thanks much!
More Recipes and Blog Posts
- Most people here concerned about food waste: Poll [News]
- Majority Of Consumers Are Concerned About Food Waste From F&B Companies In Singapore [Media Release]
- Saving Money The Biggest Motivation For Households To Reduce Food Wastage: NEA & AVA Survey [Press Release]
- How Much Food Do You Waste In Singapore?
- How do you solve a problem like food waste?