Reducing food waste: Getting Singaporeans to embrace ‘ugly food’ [News]
By Liyana Othman, Channel NewsAsia, 24 Oct 2016
More than 790,000 tonnes of food waste was generated in Singapore last year – almost the equivalent of throwing away two bowls of rice every day.
There are no official figures on the breakdown of food waste in Singapore, and also how throwing away blemished or oddly-shaped food may contribute to the problem. But studies have shown that globally, 46 per cent of fruits and vegetables never make it from farm to fork.
Source: Channel NewsAsia
More Recipes and Blog Posts
- NEA to launch campaign to get people to cut food waste [News]
- Singapore needs to rethink food wastage: Masagos [News]
- NTUC FairPrice introduces measures to tackle food waste [News]
- More food outlets looking to reduce waste during festive season [News]
- Food waste: Where food matters, looks matter more [News]