Change practices to reduce food waste, urges Masagos [News]
By Neo Chai Chin, TODAY, 10 Jan 2016
In calling food waste one of the biggest streams of waste here, Minister for the Environment and Water Resources Masagos Zulkifli said all stakeholders have a role to play in managing this.
Some practices such as the culture of excess at banquets must change, “without totally changing the way we live as a community in Singapore”, he told reporters after the SGfuture dialogue “Moving Towards a Zero Waste Nation: Food Waste” led by his ministry today (Jan 10).
Reducing food waste is a way for households to save money, and Singaporeans should not take the amount of food available here for granted, he added.
Click here to read the full article
More Recipes and Blog Posts
- 8 in 10 Singaporeans will avoid buying ‘ugly’ fruits, vegetables: Survey [News]
- NEA to launch campaign to get people to cut food waste [News]
- 2 pilots on recycling food waste [News]
- Non-profit groups step up efforts to bring restaurant excess to needy [News]
- Two hawker centres to get new food waste recycling machines [News]